Bundoora ParkOnline Images - 1985
Stud horses were introduced to the Bundoora Park property in 1850. The first son of Carbine, the 1890 Melbourne Cup Winner was Wallace. Wallace stood at stud here and sired teh winners of the 944 race horses around Australia including two Melbourne Cup winners. His grave on the property is marked by a simple concrete plaque. The Museum is a cluster of buildings including the Manager's houses, stables, blacksmith shop, machinery shed and black trackers hut. This photo is a close up version of DV_F_00493 and shows the manager's house, some outbuildings and the small tracker's hut with chimney. On the left of the manager's house, out of frame is the new brick kiosk which will be the entrance to the museum.
Characteristics: 1 photograph : col. ; 18.5 x 12.5 cm.